CARE & SERVICES
Valley Manor Amenities, Care and Services
- Large comfortable resident home areas
- Spacious private rooms
- Lounge and living areas with TV
- Well-appointed multi-purpose lounge with a fireplace accented with gracious, vintage furniture.
- Access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard and walking paths surrounded by beautiful gardens, nature and a pond.
- Nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis, including care given by personal support workers, registered nurses and registered practical nurses.
- Restorative Care services with related supplies and equipment.
- A palliative care program with access to the community Hospice.
- Professional Foot Care services provided by the St Francis Memorial Hospital Foot Care team.
- A robust activities program. The Activities Department at Valley Manor Inc. strives to provide high quality programs to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs of all residents with varying capabilities. Programs are offered at convenient times seven days a week which include evening programs.
- Numerous activities take place in the courtyard during the summer, including barbeques and gardening. A few community outings take place annually, including the Fall Colours Tour and a fishing trip to a local fish farm.
- An extensive infection control program led by a qualified Infection Control Nurse.
- Physiotherapy Services available for all residents.
- Access to Six local physicians that work for Valley Manor.
- Good nutrition and attractive, tasty meals are an essential part of our service. Nutritional goals are met through the Nutrition Care Manager in collaboration with the Registered Dietician. Three meals are served a day, plus three nutritious snacks, including homemade cookies and loaves. Alternate selections are available and residents are made aware of the choices at each meal. Special and therapeutic diets are prepared in accordance with doctors' orders. For the most part, meal service is provided in the dining room. If a resident is acutely ill, meals will be provided in their room.