“IT'S A NEW DAY!”
We are building for our future at Valley Manor and need YOU for our tomorrow!
Why should we have a Family Council?
- Allows families to give each other ongoing mutual support and encouragement. Sharing thoughts and feelings with others who are in the same situation can help family members cope.
- Provides a forum for learning.
- Gives an opportunity to become knowledgeable about the Home’s operations, policies and rules and provide input.
- Can help families and the Home form a positive partnership aimed at providing resident care.
- Gives a “United voice” supporting a “united effort” for positive changes.
- Can benefit residents who are physically or mentally unable to voice their needs and concerns as well as those without family.
- Administration and staff may use the FC as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Family Council does not fund raise.
- A Family Council handles group concerns, not individual concerns. Family members with specific concerns should speak to the LTC staff an d administration.
- Provides an outlet for new policy and practices for the LTC home discussions and implementation.
We will be forming a Family Council with your input and assistance.
Please fill out the short survey attached and come on board and join our council campaign!
(Return to: Nancy Cybulskie, Family Council Liaison by October 24th at 7 pm ).